#FierceFemaleFriday - Jaclyn House




My name is Jaclyn House!  I'm a mom of three, wife and student living in Northwest Arkansas. After leaving corporate America after 12 years, I decided with the support of my husband to go back to school to finish my degree.  I'm currently studying Broadcast Journalism at the University of Arkansas.

I work at a local news station where I am the Web Producer for the morning show and I also have a segment where I talk about trending topics.  I love being in news.  The key to breaking into media is to immerse yourself in the industry. Study people who you love watching.  Find ways you can get practice such as interning at a news station or even radio.  If you love to write, start a blog or vlog about topics you are passionate about.  It's a great way to meet people and you never know who you will meet and what opportunities will come from it.  

Support is a HUGE factor in my work/life balance.  I have an amazing husband who is in my corner every step of the way.  With three kids there are a lot of moving parts so we have to communicate daily on what's happening in our household.  I have to be at work early (4am) so I'm home when my kids are done with school for the day.  I love that schedule because it allows me to spend time with them, participate in school activities and take a nap 😝I make sure I take time for myself as well.  Whether it's catching up on my fav TV shows (I'm a TV junkie), reading or hanging with my gal pals.


Facebook: NWA Gossip Girl
Twitter & IG: @thejaclynhouse

Comments

Popular Posts