#FierceFemaleFriday - Ashlee N. Long

I received some incredible feedback related to the Women's History month features, so I decided to continue to highlight amazing women via a weekly spotlight called #FierceFemaleFriday...

This week I am super excited to spotlight Ms. Ashlee N. Long.  Ashlee exudes such positive energy. From the moment that you meet her you will be drawn to her charming personality.   

Ashlee has several business ventures that she juggles with poise and precision, but today I'd like to share her latest endeavor:  The Yoni Place

Read below for more... 



Ashlee Long is the Ultimate Southern Belle. Hailing from the small town of Vivian, LA she is working tirelessly to leave her mark in Dallas,TX. Her humble small town upbringing has given her a firm foundation of compassion, grace, determination, and quick whit. She is a graduate of Grambling State University, receiving a Bachelors of Science in Therapeutic Recreation and a Masters of Public Administration.

Ashlee Long likes to be referred to as a passionpreneur. She has dedicated her work to educating women on alternative heath choices.  Ashlee suffered for years from fibroid pain and heavy menstrual periods.  The only options she was given by doctors were artificial hormones or surgery.  She took it upon herself to research alternatives.  Ashlee discovered the practice of Yoni Steaming and the use of yoni eggs.  These were natural remedies that had been used by our ancestors.  She had great success using these remedies, and decided to share it with the masses. Thus The Yoni Place was born.

Through The Yoni Place, Ashlee provides natural feminine hygiene products, provides feminine health and wellness seminars, sexuality classes, and will be adding a TV show soon to address feminine health and wellness issues. She feels that is her duty to have open dialogue with women about some of the issues that we suffer through in silence.
 
Ashlee has also been very open about her struggles with depression and anxiety. Through her health and wellness seminars, she hopes to encourage women to take care of themselves Mind, Body, and Soul. You can follow her at www.theyoniplace.com

What’s it like being a female boss?
I don’t look at myself as a boss anymore.  I look at myself as finally walking in my purpose.  If that makes me a boss then I’ll own it.  I’m extremely passionate about helping others in any way that I can. Being a passionpreneur is a double edge sword at times.  You find yourself always wanting to help others, but the reality is you still have to provide for yourself.  I have finally gotten to a point where I have a healthy balance of both. Being a woman in business does get tough at times.  You have to learn how to be soft and hard at the same time.  I would like to think my upbringing has helped me tremendously. I mean growing up in the country made you tough as nails, but also taught you which fork to use first at dinner. I love owning a business and wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Tips for young girls:
  1. Be the best you that you can be.
  2. Don’t be afraid to try. The worst thing that can happen is you fail. Then you try again.
  3. Read as much as you can.
  4. Travel the world.
  5. Never make excuses for your choices.
  6. Learn when to say Please, Thank You, Yes, and no.
  7. Push someone forward and pull someone behind you
  8. Get a hobby that you can do alone.
  9. Give back to your community.
  10. Never wear white clothing after Labor Day and before Easter. White shoes are a sin.

Comments

Popular Posts