#FierceFemaleFriday - Alicia Bell



Alicia Bell is a Licensed Minister, songwriter, orator, and an anointed psalmist. She recently released on 2/4/2016, an extended play CD titled “Never Alone” as a contemporary gospel recording artist. Alicia Bell has been featured in articles and newsletters and was recently featured in Dallas Black and Peauxetic Expressions articles as a gospel recording artist. She is a Minister at her local church in Arlington, Texas. She sings on their praise team and in the choir. In the Fall of 2015, she debuted as an actress in the gospel stage play “Sleeping In A Dangerous Hour.” She has modeled fashion designs for clothing lines in the past. Her song “Never Alone” has received national radio airplay.




She loves the Lord, her family, the community, music, and her sorority. Alicia enjoys being an inspiration to others.



Advice to young women and girls...
The entertainment industry no matter the music genre you sing or area of entertainment you are striving for know that it is trial and error, which can allow for successes and disappointments. I'm still learning a lot and growing each day. I'm very thankful for every door that has opened up for me to be able to share my God given gifts, talents, and abilities. Here is my advice for other young women looking to enter into the entertainment industry and a few life lessons that I've learned along the way.

My advice would be to:

#1, Never Give Up. Even if you feel like you are hitting a brick wall, keep going and honing your craft. Be patient and have no fear. Everyone has a platform and know that the platform that is designed for you may be different from the next artist's platform. Stay faithful to your talents and they will be faithful to you! Keep the faith and be persistently strong, but not rude. Remember your goals and keep them at the forefront of your mind. 

#2, Be Humble. This advice was also given to me even as a child through my adulthood. People will enjoy working with you if you are not arrogant, but have a positive and pleasant attitude. Your gifts will be able to shine even more through your humility. This will also encourage others to want to be around you and help open doors for you. You want to have a "good name" as an entertainer. Others will love to work with you if you do. You don't want to be labeled in an negative way. Let them know that you are dependable and will show up to perform. You have to start somewhere. Treat people the way you would want to be treated. My philanthropy work in helping others has even lead to much of my successes. 

#3, Be A Sponge. Listen and Learn from others. You can't be a know it all, because there is a learning curve. Learn from others around you. Learn from your mistakes and their mistakes. It's ok to learn from others who have different talents than you have, remember that they have life experiences as well. Be open, but not naive. Never sell yourself short. Remember that this is your name and product. It's ok to ask questions. That person may be able to provide a different perspective. The entertainment industry is a learning process and there are no set rules in a handbook. It is not a 9-5 job!



I've learned that everyone may not be as happy for you as you thought they would when you become blessed or even famous with your endeavors. However, it depends on how you handle it. I focus my energy on other things that will benefit myself as well as others.  Don't worry about the jealousy and envy, that means that you are definitely doing something right. 

Eventually, they will look ridiculous!  I keep those around me who are supportive and positive. I feel that negativity is designed to get you out of focus and off track. I've also learned that as a contemporary gospel artist and songwriter that you don't have to be put in a box. I'm thankful that my music reaches the churched and the unchurched. 

Lastly, I've learned to be and stay comfortable in who God created me to be. I'm comfortable in who I am and I love myself. You can't fully love others until you love yourself. Your lack in that area will definitely be conveyed when you perform on any stage and through your work. I have to believe in my God given abilities. They were given to me for a reason. I'm just grateful to be able to share them with others.

Comments

Popular Posts