My Artist Date: Some tips for Success from Hetut


After enjoying the World of Coca-Cola, I took a seat near the Pemberton Cafe to write. As I sat there an older Indian gentlemen took the table next to me. He carried an umbrella, a windbreaker, and two fully loaded CVS plastic bags which he held up with a plastic hanger. I immediately thought that he was homeless. A lady near me must have thought the same thing because she gave him some apples leftover from lunch with her kids.  He thanked the lady for the fruit and immediately offered me an apple.  I declined. Mostly because I wasn't sure if he was homeless and would have felt terrible about taking food away from him.  A few moments later he said, "Do you write, miss?"  I told him that I did. He asked for a piece of paper from my notebook. He said that he wanted to give me some tips on success. I did him one better and gave him the notebook that I was gonna leave on the table in hopes of inspiring the discoverer to 'write their own story.'   A few moments later he handed me the piece of paper with the below tips scribbled on the page. 
  1. To be successful is simple! 
    • Know what you're doing 
    • Love what you're doing
    • And believe in what you're doing 
  2. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard-work, and learning from failures. 
  3. Success is never final. Failure is never fatal.  It's courage that counts. 
  4. All the roads to success are up hills. 
  5. It is not a successful climb, unless you enjoy the journey.  
Just before he walked up, I had written the following in my own notebook. 

God, I'm still walking in expectancy.  I don't know where it is coming from but a financial increase, an opportunity, a new beginning is on its way.  I can feel it and I'm ready to receive it. It may be tough but it's for me and I know that I'll be great!

I don't know where this guy came from. I don't know if he was homeless or not. All I know is that he poured into me today which further helps me to walk in expectancy.  God has blessings waiting for us just around the corner, down the street, and even sitting at the table right next to us. 

Hetut writing the "Tips for Success"
I hope this has blessed you. Keep pushing in whatever you want to do and remember to enjoy the journey. 

P .S. He was obviously not homeless but rather a keeper of things. In his CVS bag was a perfectly packed lunch and some other essentials. He was in the park to enjoy the day just like the rest of us...


Comments

Popular Posts