This post is all about food...

Over the past few weeks, I've had the pleasure of dining at some fun places around the city.  Here's a recap (with photos) of my little adventures in the Big D... little A... double L... A...S.

Heroes Lounge

"Good food. Good vibes." 

This was the second time that I'd ventured out to Heroes Lounge. The first time I didn't make it any further than the parking lot on account of me trying to be fashionably late.  The parking lot was full and there was a line of people wrapped around the corner of the building waiting to get in.  I learned my lesson to say the least. 

This time, I made plans to get there early.  My line sister and I parked near the front entrance and found awesome seats near the stage. 

The lights were dim, the music was light, and the drinks were flowing. I fell in love immediately.  

The first thing that caught my eye was the jerk chicken wings. I ordered a basket along with a red stripe and went back to enjoying the vibe. 


The wings were so good that I failed to get a good food pic before diving right in... So, here's the website to Heroes Dallas.... Friday's are the best with spoken word and live music. It's a great spot for date night or just a girls night out! You're welcome!  :)

Fuel City

A couple of years after moving to Dallas, I heard about this spot that served the best street tacos. Before moving to Dallas my knowledge of tacos was mostly based on the Taco Bell menu.  After a few months here I was introduced to Mi Cocina, Taco Diner, Gloria's and Fuel City.   

The tacos at Fuel City were described as the best by far and the cheapest at only $1.50 or so per taco. The first time that I visited the popular dining spot it was the corn and not the tacos that were good as heck...I'm speechless...



    Shrimp and Grits

So, I decided to cook, but not just anything...Nope.  I decided to try out Shrimp and Grits for the first time.  Now, I've prepared both of these tasty treats separately, but never in the same dish.  I was a bit intimidated.  If you know my mama then you know that she can take a bag of onions, a box of rice, three potatoes, and some green beans and make a feast for ten...easily.  Because of her natural culinary abilities I have always been a bit intimidated to step into the kitchen. I'll cook for myself but sharing my dishes with others was far from my thoughts... Well, after the events of the Longest Week (see my posts from January),  my confidence in my abilities is at an all-time high, so I said f*ck it and decided to try to out. 

The first go round I made a more traditional dish, just for myself along with mimosas on a lazy Sunday. 




The second time around I got a little fancy while entertaining my friend RaShon for the weekend.  I cooked the grits a few days before and placed them in a Pyrex dish. Once the grits held a gel like consistency, I used a circular cookie cutter type contraption to form the shape that you see below. I used the same device to fry an egg.

I layered the grits, shrimp, shredded cheese, the fried egg and topped with more shrimp and cheese.


RaShon received the clean plate award and now... I think I really like to cook. :)


Here's a few more pics of some of my favorite brunch, lunch, and happy hour meals.

Kona Grill

House salad w/ cupcake red velvet red wine and Lobster mac n' cheese 






Mash'D

Blood Orange mimosas 


Migas

3 flour tortillas filled w/ special scrambled eggs, sauteed onions, & fontina. topped w/ chorizo, crispy tortilla strips, & cilantro. served w/ tomato smash breakfast potatoes, sour cream, & pickled peppers


Ida Clarie 

                                                               Chicken and Waffles                                                                       



Shrimp and Grits 

Comments

  1. All of this looks yummy especially the artistic shrimp and grits!!!! Can't wait to try it!! *Hint
    Love ya!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts