#SaturdayShort - Love-makers and Heartbreakers Vol. 17

I wonder what must have been running through your head that day. I was headed to Selma with rain all around me daydreaming about the possibility of a you and a me. You cut me deep like you were gutting a catfish. 

I was confused.

I saw you with the craw fish and the alligator and where twelve years a man was a slave. 

It was magnetic, magical, and marvelous but by the following Monday you were anything but magnificent. 

And now you want to pretend as if I forgot. 

See, I placed you on my "Do not call" list and I can't remove you...too much paperwork. 

You don't get to be a thriving character in the book of my life. 

You are a nameless, faceless extra who no one will ever see, notice, or care about. 

My twenties were sugarcoated. My thirties are for dropping mics. 

I hope this life sends you better days with fewer tears. 

Perhaps my God and your conscience will send you through tests and some mess but for now I ask you to step off of my path. 

My road is rough, narrow, and confusing without you...so why would I add you?

You went window shopping in my heart with no desire to make a purchase. That behavior doesn't warrant a second chance.  

You are standing in the way of my champion, my king, my best friend. 

Please move. 

Comments

Popular Posts