An Amazing Essence

I’m still shaking back from the weekend. Essence was everything and more. From the time that I touched down in New Orleans until I said my good-byes to my girls at the airport on Monday, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

In case you missed it, here are my highlights from Essence Fest 2017…

As I figured, my room wasn’t ready when I arrived on Friday. I left my bags with the bellhop at the gorgeous Le Meridian hotel, parked my car in the Premium Parking lot across the street, and then set out on foot to the convention center.



As I rounded the corner leading up to the Ernest N. Morial convention center I was greeted with the familiar sounds of old school R&B and folks handing out free samples for my natural hair. I was in love all over again.


 

If you’ve never been to the Essence Festival, the place to be is the convention center. You can expect to see your favorite celebrities up close and personal (and if you’re lucky grab a pic or two), good food at the Essence Eats area, grab a few giveaways at the Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Wal-Mart, Ford, AT&T, or the State Farm stages. You can also take part in empowerment sessions focusing on entrepreneurship, beauty, interviews and panel discussions with the hottest actors from some of your fave shows. I could go on and on.  Drink lots of water and put on some comfy shoes (and maybe pack a snack or two).

 



 The thing that I love the most about the festival is seeing all of the beautiful brown faces from the artists, fashion designers, and authors selling their creations in the vendor area. The energy in the air leaves me speechless. The city of New Orleans is filled with art, culture, and other entertainment, but if you're looking to get the most out of your Essence experience, the convention center is the place to be, however, this year I ventured out to attend the #FlyGirlMixer at the Octavia Art Gallery.


 



 

When the sun sets feel free to put on your favorite heels, a cute outfit, and grab a Uber over to the Super Dome. The main stage features some of the biggest and hottest aritist of today and the superlounges host some of your faves or even up and coming artists. It is hard not to have a great time.
 

 


Here's more of my fave art pieces from the festival!! 



Ran into Nicole Ari Parker! 

 


Hanging with new friends and old friends! 

 

The Wal-Mart stage took us to church on Sunday with appearances by Anthony Brown, Keirra Sheard, and Erica Campbell. 



I had an amazing time! Counting down to next year! 




Comments

Popular Posts