False Starts

It's too late in the game for all of these penalties.
Every time you and I come face to face I find myself being pushed back further from my goal... even if the call was on you.
I setup, cool down, open my eyes and listen...
It works out for awhile...
I can hear the chains breaking and I ignore the shouts of the onlookers cause I'm in the game not them.
It's a lot of pressure being out here...in the middle of this open field where half of the crowd wants you to fail and the other half is rooting for you to be great.
Victory is straight ahead but all these false starts, illegal procedures, and intentional groundings keep pushing me back.
Before I know it I'm back to where I started. 
So then I train, I commit to discipline, I grind and then I see an opening...
I'm pushing, I'm moving, I can taste it...and then... a false start... and I'm back on the bench until the next series...

Comments

Popular Posts