The Longest Week - Part 2


So what happened? What was so unthinkable, unimaginable, and unfathomable?

What if your guy/girl didn’t break the news to you on a Friday night at your front door just before happy hour? What if someone that you barely know sends you a text message on behalf of your guy/girl letting you know that the relationship is over? 

I’ll wait….

What if you never saw or heard from your guy/girl again?  What if all of the rage, hurt, pain, and venting that you want to take out on them is not an option? What if you lived together and you received a formal document stating that you would have to vacant the premises by the end of the week?

Yep... that part.

I couldn’t make this stuff up even if I tried. I was told the news by someone who I had only met once and who had just reached 30 days with the company. Additionally, my job and the other jobs within my department would be given to an outside firm. In car terms, we were traded in for a newer more expensive model equipped with all of the bells and whistles.

As I said in The Longest Week – Part 1, I had a plan. If I could just make it to March then everything would fall into place. There’s a saying, “If you want to make God laugh, tell Him about your plans.” 

I wanted to stick around for a little bit longer to shape, mold, and mentor another young black female to take my position. Over the past few years, I have been the only black female on my team. As you read (or at least I hope that you did) in my first post Hidden No More I was at times the only black female in the boardroom. Was I intimidated? Yes...at times, but I know who my father is. HE would not have given me a seat at the table if HE didn't want me to be great.  HE would not have given me the tests without the testimony. HE would not have put me through the mess without having a message. I am sad that I wasn't able to pass the torch, but perhaps maybe I did. Maybe I sprinkled a little of my black girl magic throughout the hallways rocking my natural curls, individual braids, faux locs, and blowouts while still managing a team of nearly 100 individuals with grace and style and a smile and hardly ever (I say hardly because I'm not perfect) losing my cool.  Perhaps I caught the eye of one of my siSTARS. Perhaps as I type these words she's off somewhere preparing to pull back her seat at the table. Perhaps my living and my time with the company was not in vain because she will continue to shine, to smile, and to be great.  I'll send her good vibes and love because I know that God will watch over her as HE did me.

My days are done with that employer but I know that I have left my stamp, my mark, my scent.  I am the grand-daughter of Garland and Jesse and the daughter of Annie and George and God is my Father and provides me help, strength, and confidence. They may have tried to silence me by removing me from the table but clearly they don't know who I am.  I am a writer. I am a conqueror. I am a queen. I am a creator of magic. I am more than pretty. I am a divine creation destined for greatness. I am beautifully and wonderfully made. I am a child of God and HE loves me unconditionally. This experience has separated the real from the fake, the necessary from the irrelevant, and the seasonal people from the lifetime people.

For those who have been there with me through the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly (and you know who you are) THANK YOU! Thank you for sticking by me not just during the "Longest Week" but always. Thank you for making me laugh, for loving me from afar, for praying for me, for believing in me when all I wanted to do was crawl into a hole and cry... THANK YOU my beautiful kings and queens who continue to pour into me each and every day. Love is when you give and pour into others expecting nothing in return. That is what you have given me. 

Everything happens for a reason, as my mama would say... My head is high. My FAITH is not shaken.  The chains have been broken into pieces all around me. 
I hope that my transparency will help someone else. The things that we go through can either make us or break us. Our situations and circumstances are not just for us to live through and fight through alone. These things happen so that others around us can be stronger and better.  Whatever you are going through now just know that it's not really about you. You have a responsibility to pour into the lives of others by sharing your story. So, don't be afraid. That is a trick of the devil.

I am not fearful, I am faithful.  Now let me 2-step my way into my next season (cues... Bad and Bougie

Be Great!!

C.A.C.H.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts