Can I be honest?

In August of 2016, I made the decision to leave corporate America. “My plan” was to quit my job in March 2017 and move back home to Louisiana shortly afterwards. On January 13, 2017, I learned that my job along with several jobs in my department would be eliminated. I was shocked, disappointed, relieved, afraid and those were just the emotions that I felt within the first hour of hearing the news. I wanted to quit anyway so why was I having such an emotional reaction? It wasn’t a part of “my plan.” On January 20, 2017, I officially walked away from corporate America. Over the next couple of months I offered up and let go of everything in my home. By April 1, 2017, my car was loaded and I was headed home again. When I arrived home later that day I informed my mom that I was moving back. Luckily, she welcomed me with open arms. 😜
I spent the rest of 2017 getting some much needed rest, enjoying my family and friends, traveling and of course writing. There were days that I missed the city and the corporate coins but as I told a friend last week, there is nothing like being a “creative entrepreneur.” It feels fantastic and frightening but I still love it.

Tomorrow, January 13, 2018, exactly a year from the day (January 13, 2017) that I found out about my job going away I’ll be holding my first book signing event. I can’t explain the way that I feel right now. God obviously had another plan for me. Last year wasn’t easy. It was filled with highs and lows. I struggle daily to stay positive and keep pushing towards my goals.

If you have a goal that you want to achieve go for it! Don’t wait on the weather to get better, for right man/woman to come along, or the right career to land in your lap. Get up and run full speed after your blessing. Don’t let the fear of being alone, broke, talked about, or anything else keep you from chasing your dreams. People will talk about you regardless and money can’t buy you happiness. I’m turning my passion into profit and it’s scary as shit but it’s my dream. I’m no longer sitting at a table created by someone else, I’m creating my own damn table. 

#MyTruth
#BeYou
#BeTrue
#BeGreat
#Outofthewilderness
#TheAmazingAdventuresofCACH
#Browngirlswhowrite

Comments

Popular Posts